Wednesday, May 4, 2011

April Recap

short and fast this month...

The Trouble With Chickens: A J.J. Tully Mystery by Doreen Cronin

The Fourth Stall by Chris Rylander

The Inner Circle by Brad Meltzer - I picked this up because the main character is an archivist and the setting is the National Archives. A fun read with conspiracies, murder and never really knowing who is good and who is bad until you reach the end.

What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen - available May 10* - young adult fiction - So good. I just don't think Sarah Dessen can write a disappointing book.

The Magnolia League by Katie Crouch* - young adult fiction - I don't feel the need to read the next one. Surprisingly, I'll be okay not knowing what happens.

Storm Runners by Roland Smith - A great writer for middle school kids, Smith is another author who never disappoints. This book - talk about a cliffhanger!

Sweetly by Jackson Pearce - available in Aug.* - young adult fiction - A re-imagining of Hansel and Gretel...not what I expected...mixed thoughts about this one.

Minding Frankie by Maeve Binchy - delightful story of a small-town that supports everyone...if you've read other Binchy books, you'll recognize some characters.

Sparrow Road by Sheila O'Connor - available May 12* - lovely...review to come


* I had a lot of ARCs from TLA this month.

2 comments:

  1. Love Meltzer! I'll have to check that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked the Meltzer book and that I could have a book for you to read that you hadn't already read. I liked it too! All of his books have been good!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete