Thursday, March 31, 2011

Conversation of the Day

While I was shelving books in the children's area today, I was talking to two little boys. One of them (a first grader) asked me how much a book was, and we proceeded to have the following conversation.

Me: Well, it's not for sale. It's free to look at here in the library, and if you have a library card, you can borrow it and take home, but you have to bring it back.
Boy: Is that what you do with your little boy?
Me: I don't have a little boy.
Boy: Are you going to get one?
Me: I don't know.
Boy: I know how you get one.
Me: (silence)
Boy: You have to drink a lot of milk.
Me: Oh, okay.

2 comments:

  1. Too funny! Kids say the cutest and most innocent things.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha... milk... yep, that's how I got mine!

    ReplyDelete