Saturday, June 4, 2011

Reading List for the 48 Hour Book Challenge

I really love seeing the stacks of books people are choosing from this weekend, but alas,  I just have a list:

The Case of the Case of the Mistaken Identity by Mac Bennet - completed

Bullet Point by Peter Abrahams - in progress

The Curse of the Ancient Mask & Other Case Files by Simon Cheshire - sounds great for Encyclopedia Brown fans (juvenile fiction)

Death Cloud by Andrew Lane - young Sherlock Holmes (young adult)

Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting - second in a young adult series, about a girl who can find dead people (That's about all I remember about the first one, but I do know I enjoyed it!)

Gilda Joyce, Psychic Investigator by Allison Joyce - the start of series; I've been wanting to read it for ages and just haven't. (juvenile fiction)

The Liar Society by Lisa & Laura Roecker - I read a review of this somewhere (Booklist, maybe?) and it sounded great. (young adult)

Girl's Best Friend by Lisa Margolis - a girl, a dog, a mystery (juvenile fiction)

The Midnight Tunnel: A Suzanna Snow Mystery by Angie Frazier - early 1900s, girls dreams of becoming a detective (juvenile fiction)

Judy Moody, Girl Detective by Megan McDonald - I threw this in because JM is a  hugely popular series and I haven't read any of them. And she's got a movie coming out soon. I'm usually that person that has to read series in order, but I may make an exception here. (juvenile fiction)

The House at Riverton by Kate Morton - my "grown-up" choice - It's been on my list for awhile - I've heard good things about all of her books.

We'll see how many I actually get read!

1 comment:

  1. Nice list! Shows how out of it I am, that I've heard of exactly one of them. Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete