Sunday, June 26, 2011

Too Many Books!

My library lets patrons have 50 items on request at a time, and I'm usually maxed out. It really only turns into a "problem" when I get a flood of books at once. Then, I play a juggling game, deciding what I have to read first, because I won't be able to renew it (others on the waiting list) and what I could possibly return without having read and then request it again.

Here's what I got the other day:

Through Her Eyes - Jennifer Archer - time-travel ghost story; I must have read a really great review of this somewhere. (young adult)
Sideways on a Scooter: Life and Love in India - Miranda Kennedy - travel narrative; I'm always drawn to tales of people packing up and moving off somewhere foreign. (adult)
State of Wonder - Ann Patchett - Bel Canto was amazing. I read and read and finishing was like coming up for air, in a good way. I read Run a little differently - one chapter each night, to really savor it. Have been anxiously awaiting this one. (adult)
Exposure: A Novel of Truth - Therese Fowler - has gotten mixed reviews, but I'm curious about this; drawn from real events, about sexting (adult)
Blink & Caution - Tim Wynne-Jones - 2011 Boston Globe-Horn Book Award for Excellence in Children's Literature, Fiction winner (young adult)
Sweet Jiminy - Kristen Gore - Gore's Sammy's House was a light, enjoyable read. This is really different, but I'm intrigued. (adult)
Cloaked - Alex Flinn - the author Beastly and A Kiss in Time, who always writes enjoyable fairy tale re-imaginings. (young adult)

And here's what will probably arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday:

Bumped - Megan McCafferty - I loved the Jessica Darling series. This is so completely different, but I can't wait to read it. (young adult)
Divergent - Veronica Roth - getting LOTS of buzz (young adult)
Moonglass - Jessi Kirby - Sarah Dessen blurbed this. It's got to be great. (young adult)
Sweetest Thing - Christina Mandelski (young adult)
Summer of Firsts and Lasts - Terra Elan McVoy - All I needed to know about this book to make me put it on hold is that it's about summer camp. (young adult)
Dreamland Social Club - Tara Altebrando - saw an ARC of this at TLA (young adult)
Betty Bunny Loves Chocolate Cake - Michael B. Kaplan - a picture book that looks and sounds adorable! She loves chocolate cake so much wants to marry it.

So many great books!

No comments:

Post a Comment